Event Planning Committee
Join CTVN As A Volunteer On Our Event Planning Committee!
Position Status: Committee Member/Volunteer
Time Commitment: Monthly meetings leading up to the event, some outside work, day-of event prep and evening of event (which will take place on either January 22nd or January 29 of 2022)
About Community TV Network (CTVN):
Community TV Network empowers low-income youth in Chicago by engaging them in the creative and collaborative process of modern video production. CTVN promotes youth voices and positive community development. To us, this means raising awareness of meaningful education and economic viability within Chicago’s urban communities. Our programs give youth the awareness, motivation, and tools they need to tell their stories, as well as create positive change in their neighborhoods.
Community TV Network is seeking an enthusiastic Event Planning Committee for this year’s fundraising event, HardCover35. This event will celebrate 35 years of the award winning youth program “Hard Cover” and kick off the beginning of a 3-year campaign for the organization. Hard Cover is a TV show produced entirely by youth, for youth. We need your help to make this monumental and historical event a success!
Committee Objective: Overall execution of the HardCover35 event. This could include sponsorships, auction, event logistics, and fundraising to hit the event goal of $35,000.
Length of Involvement: June 2021 – January 2022
• 1 hour meetings monthly; potentially biweekly getting closer to the event as needed for the committee chair
Time Commitment: 2-3 hours per month (possible additional hours closer to the event in January)
Gala Planning Committee members will assist in planning our fundraiser event alongside the CTVN Board of Directors and Executive Director. We will need help with sponsorships, gathering auction items and facilitating the silent auction, promoting, and volunteering during the event. You must sign up for at least 1 of the available volunteer committee opportunities listed below.
- Determines and contracts the entertainment.
- Set up the event night program.
- Works with the logistics committee.
- Selects the entertainment, the emcee, the guest speaker and the auctioneer.
- Works with the lighting, AV and sound crews.
Corporate Donations/Sponsorships Head/Auction Committee:
- Strategize around sponsorship
- Develop plans for soliciting individual, corporate and in-kind sponsors for the event
- Ensure that all sponsors of the event are recognized properly during the planning and the actual event plus a thank you letter and that their gift is acknowledged
- Create a sponsorship pitch deck for CTVN
- Think about small business outreach strategy
- Pitch sponsorship and other ways to support to other organizations
- Make the ask to businesses in coordination with Executive Director
- Organizes and collects items for silent auction from local and national businesses
- Promotes and markets the event
- Creates graphic design materials for the event
- Brainstorms and thinks of creative ways to utilize archival footage
- Social media strategy
- Venue Coordination
- Identifies volunteer needs and figures out how to meet them.
- Communicates with day-of volunteers.
- Organizes and delegates event night tasks.